Jet-Ski Rental FAQs: Everything You Need to Know
You’ve just arrived in Kelowna. The sun is shining, the water is sparkling, and you’ve just decided you want to get out on the water and experience true Okanagan living. However, you may not know exactly what’s required of you before lining up wakeboard boats or Jet-Ski rentals. Kelowna lake is calling you, so to make things easier and get you on the water faster, we’ve compiled a list of some of our most frequently asked rental questions.
1. How old do I have to be to take advantage of vacation boat rentals?
There are a few different age requirements for different types of rentals. If you’ve got your eye on a Jet-Ski rental, a Chaparral, a Cobalt, or a Pontoon boat, you need to be at least 19 years of age to sign a rental contract. The same goes for kayak and paddleboard rentals. If you’ve got dreams of wakeboarding behind a Supra, MasterCraft, Cobalt R5/R7 or Regal LS4 boat, however, you’ll need to be at least 21 years old before renting one of these.
2. What do I need to provide before booking Kelowna boat rentals?
In order to secure a boat, Jet-Ski, or paddleboard rental, you need to be able to provide a current and valid photo ID and a credit card that can carry a pre-authorization for the rental.
- For regular boats (Chaparrals, Cobalts, and Pontoon boats), the pre-authorization cost is $1,000 plus the cost of the rental and applicable taxes.
- For wakeboard boats (Supra,MasterCrafts, Cobalt R5/R7, and Regal LS4), the pre-authorization amount is $2,500 plus the cost of the rental and tax.
- For kayaks and paddleboards, the pre-authorization amount is $250 plus the cost of the rental and tax.
3. Can anyone in my party drive the boat if I rented the boat under my name?
Unfortunately, the renter of the boat is the only person permitted to drive the boat. Before hitting the Kelowna lake, one of our qualified boating experts will explain how to operate the boat and run through any safety precautions to be aware of while on the lake. Boat drivers are not included with boat rentals.
4. Do I need a boat license to operate a boat rental?
No. As a renter, we are able to supply you with a temporary license that is valid for the duration of your boat rental period.
5. Who pays for the boat fuel?
The renter is responsible for paying the fuel costs on their Kelowna boat rentals. When you leave the marina, the boats fuel tank will be full, we’ll top it up on your return, and then charge you only for the amount of fuel used.
6. What is the cancellation policy for a boat or Jet-Ski rental?
Unless the weather is unfit for boaters, a cancellation must be made at least 48 hours in advance. If you fail to show up during the rental period you originally requested, the cost of the boat or Jet-Ski rental will be applied to your credit card in your absence.
Ready to secure a boat rental during your next stay in Kelowna? Check out Downtown Marina. We offer competitive rental rates, top-of-the-line boats and accessories, and one of the best marina locations in the city.